Friday, July 23, 2010

Thing #22

This is the first time I have heard of Ning, a social network for teachers. One of the features I liked is that Ning is easy to use and that it has interesting posts to learn from. http://teacherlingo.com/ I Like this teacher lounge in Ning. It is a place where you can share your good and not so good days, get ideas for lessons, find other teachers in your field, etc.
At school, this tool lends itself for collaboration and vertical alignment communication among teachers. I don't think I would use Ning with my students in my Kinder classroom. However, I will keep it in mind to share it with my team mates. I like that you have the option to keep it private and allow participants to join in just by invitation.


2 comments:

  1. I used the ning site this past year with my class of fourth graders. They loved it! Many would even post pictures after holiday breaks and share what they had done over the days off. I would post homework and the class calendar on the site as well for both students and parents to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your ideas Mrs. Hardie.

    ReplyDelete