Friday, July 16, 2010

Thing #15

First of all, I watched the video from the Kansas State University. I hadn’t realized the amount of time college students spend every day using all sorts of technology for different purposes such as school, entertainment or just socializing.

I read the post " Away from the Iceberg" by David Warlick, and he made me realize how hard librarians work to meet all the needs of the patrons. He mentions that it is important to educate the patrons on how to use the new technology so they can help themselves locate the exact information without having to waste time searching and spend more time reading and learning. But first, librarians and even teachers have to be knowledgeable of google applications, like Flickr's, Blog This, and other easy to use programs like page creator, so they can to convey it to others and make the library services and research more accessible from any where.

Furthermore, Chip Nilges mentions in " More Powerful Ways to Cooperate" the importance of Web 2.0 in the libraries functions where WorldCat plays a very important role bringing together world wide up to date information accessible to the touch of a button. Like other bloggers mentioned, Library 2.0 is also being actively used at my school,. My librarians stays up to date in technology and in the cyber world. She is always willing to share with the teachers new discoveries in technology that benefits everyone's job. We're lucky to have someone who wants to grow and learn, and enjoys sharing with her patrons, teachers and students. She inspires us as classroom teachers to be opened minded and a little daring in incorporating new technology into our teaching.

As a teacher and student I can live with this to make my life easier now that time is so scarce. I am able to do my research without leaving the classroom/home. I like to implement technology in my teaching, and by becoming aware of all of this programs and resources, I can present the students current digital information of any given theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment