Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thing #18

In this discovery exercise, I explored Google Doc as well as the multiplatform and the multilingual office suite which I liked. I am in the process to download it but it is taking a bit too long. I like the fact that I can work in other language and use the conveniences of dictionaries and editing tools as well as other nice features.

I also looked into Google Docs and I noticed that I already had two items in this place, a calendar and a resume. A prospect employee, for an organization I belonged, sent me a resume created in Google Docs, to my gmail account and it stayed public. I see this as a disadvantage for personal information is disclosed. One of the advantages of Google Docs is that it can be used as a platform for collaboration among team members when writing a common paper/project, unlike Microsoft office where it requires e-mail communication for this type of collaborative work.

No comments:

Post a Comment