Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thing #14

I have used Technorati in a previous lesson, so I was familiar with it. I searched the Blog posts, tags, and directory for School Learning Library 2.0 and I did not find anything about it. It showed Harvard library, and libraries in general. There was nothing but a sign in the Widget and the popular section due to a site upgrade, I guess.

Technorati could be an useful tool for teachers and librarians,(and everyone else), as a search tool and also to keep updated of current issues, as a source of general information and research.

What I found out is that the tags for Delicious are created by you to help you organize with their help as a search engine and on Technorati, they are there just as a search engine! I did a couple of searches using their tags. One was "kindle"and it came up with a definition, history, types of kindles, sales, etc. I also looked at facebook and got the same a definition, history, number of users, etc.
What I like about tagging is that it makes it more accessible to find information without having to remember one specific file name. Also, I can access the site from any computer to bookmark new ones or find my old ones. So far de.licio.us and Flickr are my favorite ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment