Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing # 8

What I like about RSS and readers is that the news and updates come to you! It automatically displays the news you from the blogs and websites that you would normally go to check. It saves you time and keeps you up to date, effortlessly.

I can use RSS in my classroom by subscribing to target websites to easily access them to view information about their unit of study, i.e., habitats, the rainforest, ocean animal, uses of magnets, tyoes of rocks, etc. and the types of scientists that each field has.
In my personal life, I can readily have at hand the blogs that I want to stay in touch and updated , without having to look for them! just when I read my e-mail.

I think administrators can use readers and take advantage of this new technology by staying up to date with current events at school level and trends in the education system.
The Librarians, whom are a great source of information, can provide the teachers with new literature, new research and new technology for the classroom; last, but not least, teachers can blog other teachers or access other school's websites to share teaching ideas and/or share what works in their classrooms.



Shared RSS Items:
I have added five subscribtions to my reader account in some of the fields I am interested.